GHRM has put together a list of the most frequently asked tenant questions that may answer many of your concerns in advance.
When is my rent due?
- This is written in your lease. Your rent is due on the first of the month.
What forms of payment are acceptable for rent?
- We accept online payments (via your tenant portal), personal checks, cashiers checks, money orders or credit card payments
Where do I pay my rent?
- If you are paying online, you will access your tenant portal using this website: https://greyhavenrealty.appfolio.com/connect/.
- If you plan to bring your rent payment to our office, we are located at 1007 Ashland Terrace, Suite 104B, Chattanooga, TN 37415. Office hours are 9 – 5; Monday – Friday.
- You can mail your check/money order/cashiers check to our address above.
- You can put your payment in the drop box outside our front door if paying after hours.
- Note: DO NOT PUT CASH IN THE DROP BOX. CASH WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED TO PAY RENT.
Why did I receive a notice when I paid the rent on the 6th of the month?
- The rent is due on the 1st and late if not received by the 5th of the month. Once the 5th of the month passes, we begin preparing Late Notices. Obviously, we served the notice before we received payment. There will be a 10% late fee assessed on all rents received after the 5th. GHRM serves Notices based on state landlord/tenant law requirements and their obligations to the owner of the property.
How do I submit a maintenance request?
- Maintenance requests MUST be submitted in writing. The easiest way to submit a maintenance request is to log into your tenant portal (https://greyhavenrealty.appfolio.com/connect/).
- You may also write out your maintenance request and send to us via mail.
- We have maintenance request forms in our lobby you are welcome to come by and complete during our business hours.
- You can also email your maintenance request to email@example.com
I mailed my rent on the due date, so this proves my rent is on time, right?
- The postmark is not relevant to being on time at all. Rent payment must be physically received in our office on or before the due date in order to avoid a late fee.
Why can I not clean the carpet myself?
- We require professional steam carpet cleaning to preserve the life of the carpet. Home machines do not handle the deep cleaning necessary.
Can I have a satellite dish?
- Yes, you can have a satellite dish. However, you must submit a request to GHRM and sign an agreement prior to installing the dish. Satellite dishes CANNOT be installed on the building. You also must take responsibility for removing the dish and repairing any damage. Call your GHRM management team for details.
I did not have a pet when I moved in; can I have a pet now?
- Notify your GHRM management team of your request for a pet. Do not move a pet into the property without permission. The Property Manager will contact the owner and submit your request. If the owner does allow a pet, a non-refundable pet fee of $350.00 will be required and a pet agreement signed. If the owner says no, abide by the decision and your rental agreement.
What happens if my pet dies or runs away, can I have my pet fee back?
- No, all pet fees are non-refundable. Any damages caused by the pet are still assessed after a move out inspection.
What happens if I want another pet?
- Notify your GHRM management team what pet you want. The Property Manager will contact the owner and submit your request. If the owner does allow a pet, non-refundable pet fee will be required and a pet agreement must be signed.
My roommate wants to move, but I want to stay. What do I do now?
- Your roommate needs to submit a partial notice to vacate. GHRM will need documentation from you to show you can support the property financially by yourself. GHRM will not partially refund part of the security deposit to your roommate since it is a condition of your rental agreement. You and your roommate will have to settle any funds owed to each other, including any or all of the security deposit. Have your roommate use the GHRM Partial Notice to Vacate included in your move in packet.
I want to add a roommate, now what do I do?
- The prospective roommate will have to submit an application and GHRM must approve the person PRIOR to them moving into the property. You can obtain applications on our website or in person at the GHRM office. If GHRM denies the applicant, they cannot move into the property. If approved, you and the approved applicant must sign a new lease agreements. GHRM charges a $75.00 admin fee to add or remove a roommate.
Why do the owners want to see the property?
- The owners are showing responsibility toward the maintenance of the property, the condition, and their investment. It is also their right to see the property, but they respect that it is your residence. It is also nothing to fear. This is why GHRM contacted you first to set a date and time.
I’m planning to move out at the end of my lease. Do I still have to give you a written notice, even though my lease has an expiration date?
- We have no way of knowing whether you plan to move or stay unless you give notice. Your lease expires but it does not require you to vacate, so you must notify us in writing at least 30 days prior to your intended vacate date.
What if my lease has expired and I remained as a month to month tenant, when do I need to send my notice.
- If you are a month to month tenant you must send your written notice a full 30 days from your move out. Example – if you are leaving the property on March 31, we must have your written notice in our office by February 28th.